A healthy vegan and paleo peppermint bark made with homemade vegan white chocolate and dark chocolate! The easiest holiday treat everyone will love!
Vegan White Chocolate Layer
- 3/4 cup organi cacao butter
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (can sub in corn starch or potato starch if not paleo)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp lightly colored maple syrup
- 1 tsp peppermint extract or essential oil
Dark Chocolate Layer
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I chose unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (if unsweetened)
- 2 large candy canes (crumbled)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set in the freezer.
- Begin with the dark chocolate. Place dark chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 1 minute and 10 seconds, stirring every so often. If you prefer the stove top, simply heat in a small sauce pan and stir until melted.
- Once melted, stir in maple syrup if you chose unsweetened dark chocolate (100%).
- Remove baking sheet from freezer and lightly pour melted chocolate onto the parchment paper, spreading with a spatula until about 1/4″ thick.
- Set aside (do NOT place back into the freezer).
- Now move onto your white chocolate. In a small saucepan, heat cacao butter on medium-low until melted and thick.
- Stir in coconut flour, vanilla extract, peppermint, and maple syrup until well combined.
- Remove from heat and allow to set for 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Once, it starts to harden again, pour slowly onto the dark chocolate layer. Spread evenly across the layers.
- Sprinkle the crumbled candy cane over the peppermint bark and place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut with a knife and serve!