Learn how to easily and quickly make this decadent 2 ingredient chocolate ganache! Coconut free and dairy free, this vegan ganache is the perfect cake topping, cupcake filling, and ice cream sauce!
- 1 cup (225 g) vegan butter* (see notes for choices)
- 1 cup (170 g) vegan chocolate chips (see notes for choices
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the vegan butter for 45 seconds until melted and hot.
- Remove from the microwave and add in the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips have completely melted into the vegan butter (about 1 minute).
- Allow the ganache to cool before using on top of a cake or cupcake, or adding into vegan chocolate buttercream. If using on top of ice cream as a vegan magic shell, you can just pour the ganache as is!
- Store in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to a week. To reuse, simply heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until you reach the original texture.
Vegan Butter: for regular vegan ganache, I recommend using Miyoko’s vegan butter. For Paleo vegan ganache, I recommend using Miyoko’s vegan butter. For nut-free vegan butter, I recommend Violife Plant Butter or Miyoko’s oat milk vegan butter.
Alternative to vegan butter: For a really soft ganache, I use Plant Crock Vegan Heavy Cream (or Califia or Silk both work great too). You can also use cashew cream. Use the same ingredient measurements as the butter!
Vegan Chocolate: I use Lily’s Sweets vegan dark chocolate chips. Other options that work great here are Enjoy Life, Pascha chocolate (100% for Paleo vegan version and keto version), or a 72% or higher grade high quality chocolate (that’s dairy-free).
Keywords: vegan ganache, vegan chocolate ganache, easy ganache, 2 ingredient ganache, Paleo vegan ganache, keto ganache