This is THE BEST vegan lasagna ever, and it’s just so easy to make. With layers of garlic rosemary lentils, marinara, gooey vegan cheese, and pasta noodles, this easy vegan lasagna has been fully approved by my Sicilian grandmother. A family favorite for dinner, protein packed and it’s easily made gluten-free!
- 500 grams cooked lentils
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1/2 package lasagna noddles, uncooked
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 460 grams (2 packages) vegan mozzarella shreds*
- 50 grams shredded vegan parmesan
- Measure out all ingredients before beginning and read through the instructions.
- Prep: preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13″ casserole dish with cooking oil. Make sure that the lentils are fully cooked prior to beginning if you haven’t purchased pre-cooked lentils.
- Make the lentil filling: in a large sauce pan, add the olive oil and garlic, cooking on medium heat until the garlic is lightly browned. Then add in the lentils and rosemary, and sauté on medium-low heat until the rosemary is fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Boil the pasta: bring the large pot of water to a boil, then carefully add the lasagna noodles. Cook the noodles until just al dente. Then strain the pasta and set aside to cool.
- Assemble the vegan lasagna: allow the lasagna noodles to cool enough to handle. While the noodles are cooling, toss the vegan mozzarella and vegan parmesan together. Then layer 4-5 lasagna noodles onto the bottom of your prepared casserole dish. Add about 1/3 of sauce from the jar to dish, spreading to the edges. Then top with the 1/2 of the lentil mixture, followed by about 1-1 1/2 cups vegan cheese. Repeat once more, finishing the vegan cheese. Then add 4-5 noodles on top, along with the remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake the vegan lasagna: cover the lasagna casserole dish in tinfoil, and place the lasagna into the oven to bake for 45-50 minutes. With 10 minutes remaining, you can carefully remove the tinfoil to allow the vegan cheese to fully cook.
- Serve: allow the lasagna to cool for 10 minutes. Then slice into 12 squares, serve, and enjoy!
- Storage: store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Gluten free: use gluten-free lasagna noodles as needed.
Nut-free vegan cheese: I like Violife Foods for a nut-free soy-free vegan cheese.
Lentils: if you don’t like lentils, you can use any bean or legume that you prefer!
Keywords: vegan lasagna, vegan lasagna recipe, vegan lasagna recipe no tofu, vegan gluten free lasagna