Better than box mix vegan brownies that are so fudgy, gooey, and decadent, you’d never know they’re eggless and dairy free! One bowl and so easy, you’ll never make another vegan brownie recipe again!
- 1 cup (125 grams) flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 cup (70 grams) cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (226 grams) vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (80 grams) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (160 grams) coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup (85 grams) unsweetened applesauce, room temperature or 2 tbsp ground flaxseed with 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) dairy free milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: additional 1/2 cup (80 grams) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8×8″ pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add in the melted vegan butter or coconut oil and coconut sugar. Stir with a spoon until the mixture is completely combined.
- Add in the applesauce, dairy free milk, and vanilla, stirring again until combined.
- Sift in the flour, cacao powder, and baking powder, and use a rubber spatula to gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Be sure not to over-mix- the batter should be just mixed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed (being careful not to over-mix). Stir in the additional chocolate chips here as well if desired.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread the brownie batter to touch the edges of the pan. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean. If you bake these brownies longer, they will be more cake-y than fudgy.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes in the pan to cool.
- Slice and serve! Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: vegan brownies, vegan brownie recipe, fudgy vegan brownies, best vegan brownies, easy brownie recipe, how to make vegan brownies