The best s’mores stuffed cookies you’ll ever make that are incredibly easy and undetectably vegan! Stuffed with a melted marshmallow and completely refined sugar free and can be gluten free, you won’t be able to stop with these vegan s’mores cookies!
- 1 3/4 cup (180 g) all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour or oat flour mixed with 1 tbsp arrowroot starch, sifted and spoon & leveled*
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vegan butter or coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 g) organic granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110 g) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (85 g) unsweetened applesauce or dairy free yogurt, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (170 g) vegan chocolate chips
- 6 large vegan marshmallows, sliced in half
- Prep: Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, and measure out all ingredients.
- Whisk: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Make the dough: In a large bowl, add in vegan butter or coconut oil and use a hand mixer to cream for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Then add in the applesauce, sugars, and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer to cream together the wet ingredients until completely combined. Add in the flour mixture, and use a silicone spatula to fold together. Stop just before all of the flour is mixed in.
- Add in the chocolate chips: Fold in chocolate chips. Add in a tablespoon of dairy free milk if your dough needs a bit of help incorporating.
- Chill: Chill the dough for 30 minutes. While the dough is chilling, move two of the oven racks to generally the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Scoop & stuff the cookie dough: Using a large cookie scoop (about 2 tbsp of dough), scoop a large cookie dough ball. Press your thumb into the center of the cookie dough to create a cavity for a half of a marshmallow. Place a marshmallow half into the middle, release the cookie dough, and gently roll into a smooth ball. Place onto a cookie sheet. Repeat for the remainder of the cookie dough (you should yield 10-12 large cookies), spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake: Place the cookie sheets into the oven to bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden. The marshmallows will puff up, but will settle down once removed from heat.
- Cool: Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Then you can carefully transfer them with a spatula to a wire rack.
- Enjoy! Enjoy the s’mores cookies warm when the marshmallow is still melty!
Gluten Free: If you’re using the gluten free option, use the cup measurements for the gluten free 1:1 baking flour, and use the gram measurements for the oat flour.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 13.2 g
- Sodium: 113.4 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.1 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan s'mores cookies, s'mores chocolate chip cookies, s'mores cookies, marshmallow filled cookies