The best s’mores stuffed cookies you’ll ever make that are incredibly easy and undetectably vegan! Stuffed with a melted marshmallow and completely refined sugar free and can be gluten free, you won’t be able to stop with these vegan s’mores cookies!
- 2 cups organic flour (or 1-to-1 gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened to room temperature (not melted)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3–6 tbsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 9 large vegan marshmallows, sliced in half
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add coconut oil, apple sauce, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar and beat until completely mixed.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry.
- Add in chocolate chips and additional 3-6 tbsp (start with 3 and slowly add more by the tablespoon if needed) until the dough resembles standard cookies dough.
- Scoop about 2 tbsp of dough with a cookie scoop or a spoon and split the dough in half.
- Add half of a marshmallow on top of one half of the split dough and then place the second half of dough over it and seal the edges so that the marshmallow is completely sealed.
- Repeat for the remaining dough. You should have about 18 cookies.
- Place in the oven and bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 15
- Sodium: 100
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 28
Keywords: s'mores, s'mores cookies, vegan, refined sugar free, gluten free