This is the only snickerdoodle cookies recipe you’ll ever need! Chewy and soft, these undetectably healthy vegan snickerdoodle cookies are easy to make and completely egg free, dairy free, gluten free, and low in sugar!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour (swap in all-purpose flour for regular and cassava flour for Paleo, at equal ratios)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened to room temperature*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 5 tbsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the sugar, softened butter, applesauce, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and fold together until it becomes a thick dough.
- Place the snickerdoodle dough into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper (depending on how big your cookies will be).
- When you’re ready to roll the dough into balls, whisk together the cinnamon and remaining 3 tbsp of sugar together to create the cinnamon sugar that you’ll roll the balls in.
- Use a cookie scoop or your hands to form tbsp sized dough balls. Roll one snickerdoodle dough ball in the cinnamon sugar or sprinkle it evenly around using a spoon. Place it onto the baking sheet and repeat for the remaining dough. You should get between 18-21 cookies, depending on how big you make them.
- Place the cookies back into the fridge to chill for 5-10 minutes. Once they’re ready, place the cookies into the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes (intervals). After 4 minutes of baking, remove the pan and lightly tap it on the counter to flatten the cookies. Place the pan back into the oven to back for another 4-6 minutes. Then remove from the oven and tap the pan several times again.
- Let them cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before enjoying to let the cookies set.
- Store on the countertop for up to 3 days, the fridge for a week, and the freezer for up to a month.
Keywords: vegan snickerdoodle cookies, best snickerdoodles cookie recipe, snickerdoodles, gluten free snickerdoodle cookies, healthy Christmas cookies