This is the only vegan snickerdoodles recipe you’ll ever need! Chewy and pillowy soft, these undetectably dairy free and vegan snickerdoodle cookies are easy to make and completely egg free, dairy free, gluten free, and low in sugar!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- Please read through all instructions before beginning.
- Prep: Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Whisk the dry ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar, then set aside.
- Cream together the wet ingredients: In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the sugar and softened butter until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Then add in the applesauce and vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- Make the cookie dough: Add in the dry ingredients, and use a silicone spatula to fold until the flour is just mixed into the dough.
- Chill: Place the snickerdoodle dough into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350F. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Coat the snickerdoodle cookie dough: When you’re ready to roll the dough into balls, use a cookie scoop or your hands to form 1.5 tbsp sized dough balls. Roll one snickerdoodle dough ball in the cinnamon sugar or sprinkle it evenly around using a spoon. Place it onto the baking sheet and repeat for the remaining dough. You should get between 12 small cookies, depending on how big you make them.
- Bake: Place the cookies into the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes, or until spread and the tops are slightly puffy. Then remove from the oven and tap the pan lightly on the countertop several times again.
- Cool: Let them cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before enjoying to let the cookies set.
- Storage: Store on the countertop for up to 3 days, the fridge for a week, and the freezer for up to a month.
Please read the post for all tips and tricks!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 18.8 g
- Sodium: 179.4 mg
- Fat: 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.7 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan snickerdoodles, best snickerdoodles cookie recipe, snickerdoodles, gluten free snickerdoodle cookies, healthy Christmas cookies