Better than Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi that’s incredibly easy to make, Paleo, Vegan, and gluten free, and perfect for families or a healthy meal prep to any weeknight dinner!
- 1 1/2 cups steamed cauliflower mash (see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder, can sub in potato starch
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Optional: 1/3 cup rosemary, basil, or favorite herb
- Steam the cauliflower until it’s soft enough to mash. You can do this either view stovetop, with a little water in a pan and covering the cauliflower while it cooks on medium/low heat, or in the microwave.
- Next, place the cauliflower (and optional herbs) into a food processor, and blend until it’s a puree. It should be smooth with no clumps.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower puree with cassava flour, arrowroot powder, and sea salt. Mix with a silicone spatula or spoon until it forms a dough. It should basically resemble a bread dough.
- Set the bowl aside, and bring a large pot of water to a boil. While the water is heating up, start to make your gnocchi.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts (they don’t have to be precisely even), and flour a clean surface using extra cassava flour.
- Roll 1/4 of the dough into a long stick, and slice about 1″ wide gnocchi. They don’t have to be exactly precise.
- Repeat for the remaining dough, then bring them to the pot to boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add a little olive oil (about 1 tsp) to the water to help the gnocchi from sticking together, and give the water a big stir so it creates a spiral. Carefully, lower up to 10 gnocchi into the spinning water and let them cook until they rise to the top of the water. That’s when they’re ready to be removed.
- Remove the gnocchi from the water and place onto a clean plate. Repeat these steps for the remaining gnocchi.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and protein, and enjoy!
Keywords: Cauliflower gnocchi, Paleo vegan gnocchi, Paleo gnocchi, vegan gnocchi, Trader Joe's cauliflower gnocchi