This quick 1 minute cashew cream recipe is a great vegan heavy cream replacement in both sweet and savory recipes (including baking!).
- 1/2 – 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup (120 g) raw unsalted cashews
- Add the water and cashews to a high speed blender or food processor. For a thicker cashew cream, use just 1/2 cup of water (for sour cream substitutes), for a true heavy cream substitute, use 1 cup of water, and for a slightly less thick cream substitute, use 1 1/2 cups of water) (see blog post for more variations).
- Blend the cashews and water together for about 30-60 seconds, until super creamy and smooth.
- Use in your recipe as instructed or store sealed in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- 1/4 tspgarlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tspvanilla extract
Keywords: cashew cream, cashew cream recipe, vegan heavy cream, vegan heavy cream substitute, vegan cashew cream