These gluten free vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are chewy, soft, and deliciously sweet! They’re refined sugar free and full of melty chocolate chips for the best healthy oatmeal cookie!
- 3 cup sprouted organic gluten free oats, separated
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dates, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed, *mixed with filtered water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk, divided
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or almond butter, softened and/or room temp
- 1/3 cup filtered water, *mixed with ground flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 370F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare ground flax seed and water mixture and set aside.
- In a large food processor, pulse 1 1/2 cups oats until ground into oat flour.
- Add in dates and about 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk to the food processor.
- Blend until it becomes a sticky dough.
- Spoon oat dough into a large bowl and add remaining coconut or almond milk, ground flax seed egg, sea salt, remaining oats, softened vegan butter or almond butter, baking soda, and vanilla extract.
- Mix with hands until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into about 1 tbsp dough balls and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned around the rim.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 74
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
Keywords: oatmeal, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free