These Paleo chocolate chip zucchini muffins are incredibly easy and deliciously sweet! You wouldn’t even know you’re getting your veggies in! With a vegan option and nut free, these chocolate chip zucchini muffins are fit for anyone!
- 1 large (12-14 oz) Japanese sweet potato, baked, cooled, skin removed
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 large eggs, or 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp baking powder, or paleo baking powder mixture*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large food processor, puree mashed sweet potato.
- Add in all ingredients except chocolate chips and zucchini. Blend until completely combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and zucchini and use a spoon to mix until well combined.
- Spoon muffin batter (it will be very thick) into each cupcake liner about 3/4 of the way full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let muffins cool before enjoying.
- Lasts 5 days in the fridge or 1 month in freezer.
For Paleo Baking Powder: combine 2 tsp baking soda + 1 tbsp vinegar (white or apple cider) and let sit until foaming. Please also include the required baking soda in addition to this in the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 large muffin (of 8)
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 436
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 5
Keywords: zucchini muffins, chocolate chip zucchini muffins, paleo, gluten free, vegan option, dairy free, nut free