Incredibly easy 4 ingredient chocolate hazelnut no bake energy bites that come together in 5 minutes and taste like Nutella in a bite! These energy balls are entirely vegan, gluten free, and sweetened with only dates!
- Optional pre-step for more of a hazelnut flavor: Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with tinfoil. Place the hazelnuts onto the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until aromatic and oily.
- Remove the hazelnuts from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a clean dish towel, place the hazelnuts into the middle of the cloth and roll around to remove the skin from the hazelnuts.
- Add the hazelnuts to a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds, or until the nuts are just chopped. Remove about 1/2 cup of the chopped nuts and reserve in a small bowl. This will be the topping.
- Continue processing the hazelnuts until they reach a smooth and creamy hazelnut butter (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the melted chocolate, dates, cacao powder, vanilla, and sea salt, and pulse again until it becomes a sticky dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a medium cookie scoop to scoop from the dough. Roll the dough into a ball (sometimes the dough gets finicky, just gently roll it enough to be a ball) and then gently roll the ball into the crushed hazelnut bowl. Place the dough ball onto the parchment paper. Repeat for the remaining chocolate hazelnut energy ball dough.
- Once the energy bites are rolled, place the baking sheet into the freezer to solidify for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy as desired and store in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 1.5 weeks or 3 months in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 energy bite
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 1.9 mg
- Fat: 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.2 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.1 mg
Keywords: no bake energy bites, chocolate energy bites, vegan energy bites, vegan energy balls, no bake energy balls