Soft and chewy peanut butter blossoms with a healthy twist that remind you of childhood and make for the perfect treat at a cookie exchange! These easy peanut butter cookies are naturally gluten free, vegan, and low in sugar! They make for the perfect dessert, sweet snack, holiday bake sale, or cookie exchange!
- 1 1/2 cup cassava flour, or gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour or all-purpose flour if not gluten free
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 24 homemade Hershey’s kisses (see note in the post)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Fold in peanut butter, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla extract, and mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop or roll dough into small dough balls (about 1 tbsp each) onto the cookie sheet.
- Use a spoon to lightly press down onto each cookie to flatten it to the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Press one Hershey’s kiss into each cookie lightly and immediately place cookies into the freezer so that the kisses doesn’t melt.
To make homemade Hershey’s kisses: melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a bowl and pipe melted chocolate into Hershey kiss mold. Place the mold into the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter blossoms, healthy peanut butter blossoms, vegan peanut butter cookies, gluten free, dairy free