These chewy & soft Oreo chocolate chip cookies are FULL of crushed Oreo cookies and melty chocolate chips! Naturally eggless, dairy free, and gluten free, these cookies n’ cream cookies are super easy!
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 g) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (85 g) unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (222 g) gluten free 1:1 baking flour, spoon & leveled *(See notes section for alternative flour options)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 12 GF Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 cup (200 g) chocolate chips
- Make sure you’ve crushed the Oreo cookies before beginning. You can blitz them in a food processor, but make sure there are still chunks of cookie in there. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch/arrowroot starch, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in vegan butter and sugars, and use a hand mixer to cream for 3-5 minutes, until whipped. Then add in the applesauce and vanilla. Use a hand mixer to beat the wet ingredients together until completely combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to fold together. Fold until there are just a few dry streaks of ingredient left. This ensures we’re not over mixing the dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips and 2/3 of the crushed Oreo cookies until evenly distributed throughout the dough. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop, and roll about 1.5 tablespoons of dough per cookie for regular sized cookies, or 3 tablespoons of dough for large cookies onto the sheet. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes for smaller cookies, and 16 minutes for large cookies(my oven, I bake them exactly 11 minutes each time for regular size cookies) or until the edges are lightly golden and are “set.” The middles shouldn’t be dough-y looking, but if they’re still soft, that’s perfectly fine.
- Remove from the oven and gently press the remaining crushed Oreos into the tops of the cookies, along with extra chocolate chips if desired. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. This allows the cookies to firm up to hold together.
- Serve and enjoy! Store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days, a week in the fridge, or a month in the freezer.
Flour: If you don’t need these oreo chocolate chip cookies to be gluten free, you can use 1 3/4 cups of regular flour or 220 g. For oat flour, use 2 cups of oat flour, or 220 grams.
Gluten free Oreos: if you don’t need a gluten free cookies and cream cookie recipe, you can use regular vegan Oreos or chocolate creme filled cookie sandwiches, along with all purpose flour.
- Serving Size: 1 medium cookie
- Calories: 366
- Sugar: 31.1 g
- Sodium: 195.6 mg
- Fat: 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.2 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 12.1 mg
Keywords: oreo chocolate chip cookies, vegan oreo cookies, cookies n cream cookies, cookies and cream cookies, oreo chocolate cookies, oreo cookie recipe