These amazing cookies and cream cookies are super soft, chewy, and FULL of crushed gluten free Oreo cookies and melty chocolate chips! Naturally eggless, super easy, and dairy free as well!
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (154 grams) coconut sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (85 grams) unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) gluten free 1:1 baking flour or all purpose flour, sifted and spoon & leveled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 12 GF Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup (85 grams) chocolate chips
- Make sure you’ve crushed the Oreo cookies before beginning. You can blitz them in a food processor, but make sure there are still chunks of cookie in there. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in vegan butter and sugar, and use a hand mixer to cream for 3-5 minutes, until whipped. Then add in the applesauce and vanilla. Use a hand mixer to beat the wet ingredients together until completely combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to fold together. Fold until there are just a few dry streaks of ingredient left. This ensures we’re not over mixing the dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips and crushed Oreo cookies until evenly distributed throughout the dough. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 375F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop, and roll about 1.5 tablespoons of dough per cookie for regular sized cookies, or 3 tablespoons of dough for large cookies onto the sheet. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes (my oven, I bake them exactly 11 minutes each time for large cookies) or until the edges are lightly golden and are “set.” The middles shouldn’t be dough-y looking, but if they’re still soft, that’s perfectly fine.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. This allows the cookies to firm up to hold together.
- Sprinkle with extra sea salt and enjoy! Store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days, a week in the fridge, or a month in the freezer.
Gluten free: if you don’t need a gluten free cookies and cream cookie recipe, you can use regular vegan Oreos or chocolate creme filled cookie sandwiches, along with all purpose flour.
Keywords: cookies and cream cookies, oreo chocolate chip cookies