This super simple and creamy vegan mushroom pasta with spinach is the perfect healthy pasta dinner recipe to have on rotation during the week. It’s made in just 30 minutes, packs in a lot of flavor and nutrients, and is naturally dairy free, gluten free, and nut free. Perfect for picky eaters!
- 10 ounces your favorite pasta
- 16 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced and washed
- 10 ounces spinach, washed
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 100 grams vegan cheese
- 3 tbsp unsweetened plain dairy-free milk, such as oat milk
- 15 ounces white beans, rinsed
- 45 grams pine nuts, toasted
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Parsley to garnish
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
- Gather and measure out your ingredients. Make sure the vegetables are washed, garlic minced, and beans are rinsed. You can also toast the pine nuts here by placing the raw nuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Toast the pine nuts for 5-7 minutes or until fragrant at 300F. Remove from the oven and allow the nuts to cool.
- Make the pasta: bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the pasta, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until al dente or following the directions on the packaging. When the pasta is al dente, strain the pasta and set aside.
- Sauté: in a large sauce pan, heat 1 tbsp cooking oil and add the minced garlic, cooking on medium-high until lightly browned. Add in the spinach and mushrooms, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt or to taste, and reduce the heat to medium. Sauté the vegetables until cooked, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients: Once the vegetables are cooked, add in the cooked pasta and toss together. Then add in the beans, pine nuts, and lemon juice, stirring until the beans and pasta are evenly distributed throughout.
- Make the cream sauce: Reduce the heat to low. To the sauce pan, pour in the dairy-free milk and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the pasta. Use a wooden or rubber spatula to stir the cheese into the pasta until it’s melted and creamy, adding in a pinch of sea salt to taste if needed.
- Serve the pasta: once the cheese is completely melted, serve the pasta into bowls, and top with extra pine nuts and fresh parsley. Store any leftovers in an airtight container and in the fridge.
Gluten free: use your favorite gluten-free pasta brand. I recommend Jovial.
Vegan cheese: I recommend Forager Project- they’re my favorite for vegan dairy free products. However, Violife is nut-free, so if you’re nut-free, this is the best bet!
Nut-free: for nut-free, omit the pine nuts and make sure you’re using nut-free vegan dairy free products. I recommend oat milk and using Violife for the vegan cheese.
You can use store-bought minced garlic if you don’t have fresh on hand.
See blog post for ingredient swaps and recommendations to alter the recipe!
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 462
- Sugar: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 733.2 mg
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 73.5 g
- Fiber: 12.5 g
- Protein: 25.7 g
- Cholesterol: 3.6 mg
Keywords: vegan mushroom pasta, vegan mushroom pasta with spinach, vegan mushroom