Easy French ratatouille filled with fresh zucchini and tomatoes and bursting with seasonal flavor! The perfect simple side dish for kids and adults alike! Paleo, vegan, gluten free, and dairy free as well!
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 4 radishes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree, divided
- 1 quarter cup basil, chopped
- 2 tsp dried or fresh marjoram leaf
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Optional: 1/3 cup vegan cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Slice the zucchini, tomatoes, and radishes into thin rounds.
- Place half of the sliced zucchini, tomato, and radish rounds onto the bottom of a 9″ round dish or baking pan and sprinkle with half the amount of garlic, shallots, garlic, marjoram, and sea salt.
- Spread half of the tomato puree on top of the vegetables.
- Place the remaining half of the zucchini, tomatoes, and radishes on top of the tomato puree, and garnish with sea salt, pepper, and the remaining garlic, basil, marjoram, and shallots.
- Spread the remaining tomato puree on top of the second layer and add optional vegan cream cheese dollops.
- Cover and place into the oven to bake for 20 minutes, then remove the cover after 20 minutes and let open bake for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: ratatouille, zucchini, vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo, dairy free