This deliciously creamy vegan lemon tart is undetectably dairy free, tofu free, and gluten free! Made with a sweet lemon vanilla filling and topped with strawberries, it’s the perfect healthy summer dessert!
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, solid
- 4–6 tbsp chilled water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
Lemon Tart Filling:
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato, baked + skin removed
- 1 13.5 ounce can light coconut cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Yogi Cinnamon Vanilla Healthy Skin Tea tea bag
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- In a large food processor, pulse the oats until they’re almost a rustic flour.
- Add in the remaining crust ingredients and pulse until it combines into a sticky dough.
- Grease a 9″ tart pan with coconut oil, and press the dough into the tart pan and up the sides of the pan.
- Poke several holes into the bottom of the crust and place into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes while you preheat the oven to 375F.
- Once the oven is preheated, place the tart pan onto a baking sheet (crucial if you have a tart pan with a removable bottom) and into the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow the crust to cool while you make the filling.
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut milk until it begins to boil. Once boiling, bring the heat down to a simmer, and add in the Yogi Cinnamon Vanilla Healthy Skin Tea tea bag to the coconut milk. Allow the coconut milk to steep for 5-7 minutes, then discard the tea bag.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except for the sweet potato, and bring the heat back up to medium. Continue to stir the mixture until the arrowroot powder is completely dissolved. Once dissolved, remove the pot from heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cool, place the sweet potato into a high speed blender or food processor and add in the coconut milk mixture. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the coconut milk mixture into the tart crust and place the crust into the freezer to set for 2-3 hours. The filling should be entirely set.
- When ready to serve, carefully remove the tart from the pan and top with sliced strawberries and extra lemon slices.
Keywords: vegan lemon tart, gluten free vegan lemon tart, lemon tart recipe, lemon tart