This Paleo fruit pizza makes the best light dessert! Completely vegan, dairy free, and nut free, this healthy fruit pizza is easy to make and tastes just like a sugar cookie topped with fresh fruit and cream!
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temp, can sub coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 6 ounces coconut yogurt
- 2 cups sliced fruit
- Optional: additional 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cassava flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Slice the vegan butter into cubes and cut the butter into the flour until it’s a crumbly dough.
- Add in maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut milk, and combine until it’s a sticky dough.
- Form the dough into a ball and then press it into the parchment paper-lined baking sheet to form a pizza shape. Work the edges of it out so that it’s about 8″ wide and smooth the rims.
- Place the baking sheet into the fridge for 5 minutes to harden.
- Remove the baking sheet from the fridge and bake the cookie crust in the oven for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cool, spread the coconut yogurt over the cookie crust like you would sauce. If you would like to add the additional teaspoon of vanilla extract, mix it in before spreading the yogurt over the crust.
- Top with fresh sliced fruit of your choice and serve!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
Keywords: fruit pizza, cookie crust, Paleo, vegan, grain free, dairy free, gluten free, dessert, low sugar, healthy