These super fluffy, moist, and tender raspberry cupcakes are so incredibly easy to make and secretly vegan and gluten free! Made from oat flour and bursting with fresh raspberry and vanilla!
Fresh Raspberry Cupcakes:
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated or coconut sugar
- 1 cup vegan buttermilk*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour or all purpose flour + 1 tsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch, spoon measured and leveled
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, mashed
Vegan Raspberry Buttercream:
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened but still room temperature
- 2–3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves or fresh raspberries, mashed*
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the vegan butter and sugar until the sugar for 4-5 minutes. This creates air in the mixture, giving the cupcakes a bit of a lift.
- Add in the vegan buttermilk, applesauce, and vanilla extract, and continue to mix until combined.
- Sift in the oat flour, arrowroot starch, and baking powder, and whisk together until there are no more dry streaks.
- Mix the raspberries into the batter until evenly distributed.
- Divide the batter into the 12 cupcake liners, filling each cupcake almost to the top. You should fill just 12.
- Place into the oven to bake for 23-25 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool in the cupcake tin for 10 minutes. Then flip the cupcakes onto a cooling rack to cool.
- When ready to frost, beat the vegan butter in a large bowl until fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar and cream until combined. Add in the raspberry and mix again.
- Fill a piping bag with tip and pipe the frosting onto each cupcake.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Vegan buttermilk: 1 cup dairy free milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar. Combine the mixture and allow it to sit for 5 minutes to curdle. Then use in your recipe.
- Vegan buttercream: fresh raspberries can at times cause separation in the frosting, especially if the vegan butter is too warm or too cold. Your best results will come from using raspberry preserves.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake with frosting
- Calories: 337
- Sugar: 23.8 g
- Sodium: 14 mg
- Fat: 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.7 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 50.8 mg
Keywords: raspberry cupcakes, vanilla raspberry cupcakes, vegan cupcakes, gluten free vegan cupcakes, gluten free cupcakes