This is the best vegan crepes recipe ever! Just one bowl, naturally eggless, dairy free, and easily gluten free, and the crepes are perfectly light, thin, and undetectably vegan! Top with your favorite sweet or savory toppings for a quick and easy vegan breakfast or brunch!
- 1 cup (125 grams) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground sea salt
- 1 cup (240 mL) drinkable vegan yogurt, such as Forager Project, or vegan buttermilk*, room temperature
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (75 mL) filtered water, room temperature
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- Oil for the pan
- Coconut whipped cream, powdered sugar, and fresh berries, for topping
- Please read through all instructions before beginning.
- Prep: Measure out all ingredients. Please allow for 30 minutes after you’ve made the batter for it to rest in the fridge.
- Whisk the dry ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, arrowroot, starch, granulated sugar, and salt.
- Add in the wet ingredients: Pour in the drinkable vegan yogurt, filtered water, vegan butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk together vigorously or use a hand mixer to combine.
- Rest the batter: Allow the batter to rest in the fridge for 30-60 minutes. Grease a large skillet with cooking oil while the batter is resting. Whisk the batter again in case it’s become stiff in the fridge.
- Cook the vegan crepes: Heat the skillet to medium heat. Cook one crepe at a time. Add about 3-4 tbsp of batter to the pan, and swirl and tilt the pan to spread the batter to a large circle. You can also use the back of a spoon to help spread the batter more evenly. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, or until the underside of the crepe is lightly golden. Carefully flip the crepe (with a big sweeping motion- this is why you need a generous amount of oil!) and cook again for another minutes. Then plate the crepe and re-oil the pan. Repeat for the remaining batter, until you yield about 6-8 crepes. To keep the crepes from sticking, you can place a piece of parchment paper between each crepe.
- Plate and serve! Fill the crepes with vegan coconut whipped cream, vegan nutella, berries, bananas, vegan yogurt, etc! Dust with powdered sugar and serve!
Vegan buttermilk: If you don’t have Forager Project drinkable vegan yogurt in a store nearest you, you can use 1 cup (240 mL) dairy free milk and add in 2 tsp apple cider vinegar. Allow the mixture to sit for 5-7 minutes to curdle then use in the crepes recipe as you would the drinkable yogurt.
Keywords: vegan crepes, vegan crepes recipe, easy crepes, how to make crepes