This super delicious, moist, and tender pumpkin coffee cake is full of all of autumn’s classic flavors, and just so easy to make! Perfect with a cup of coffee for a cozy fall breakfast, and undetectably vegan, eggless, dairy free, and refined sugar free!
- 100 grams granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 35 grams all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice blend
- 75 grams vegan butter, melted
Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake:
- 375 grams all-purpose flour
- 200 grams granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 30 grams arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice blend*
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 113 grams vegan butter, melted and cooled
- 170 grams pumpkin puree, room temperature
- 180 grams dairy free milk with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp dairy free milk
- Please read through all instructions before beginning.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F. measure out all ingredients before beginning. Mix together the dairy free milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside. Prepare an 8″ springform pan by coating it in vegan butter or coconut oil, and lining the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the cinnamon filling & topping first: in a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, and pumpkin spice blend. Add in the melted vegan butter and whisk vigorously to combine until you get a sticky batter. Set aide.
- Make the pumpkin coffee cake batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, arrowroot starch, pumpkin spice blend, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted vegan butter, pumpkin puree, dairy free milk mixture, and vanilla extract. Add in the flour mixture and use a rubber spatula to fold together.
- Layer the coffee cake batter: pour half of the coffee cake batter into the prepared springform pan. Then sprinkle on top half of the cinnamon streusel topping. Spread the filling to the edges of the cake pan and so that it evenly coats the batter. Top with the remaining coffee cake batter, and then evenly sprinkle the cinnamon streusel on top.
- Bake the pumpkin coffee cake: Place the coffee cake into the oven to bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the coffee cake from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Then use a clean butter knife, and run it along the edges of the pan to carefully release the coffee cake from the pan. Undo the buckle of the springform pan, and place the coffee cake onto a plate to serve.
- Slice and serve: If you’d like, you can top with the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and dairy free milk. Drizzle on top of the coffee cake, slice and serve!
- Storage: Store any leftover slices of vegan pumpkin coffee cake in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Gluten free: swap in an equal amount of gluten free 1:1 baking flour for all purpose flour.
Pumpkin spice blend: if you don’t have a blend of pumpkin spice, you can easily making one. Here is a great DIY pumpkin spice blend that I use often.
Keywords: pumpkin coffee cake, vegan pumpkin coffee cake