These secretly vegan easy pumpkin pie bars are packed with the delicious fall flavors you love from classic pumpkin pie yet in bar form! Low sugar and low fat, these healthy pumpkin pie bars are the perfect healthy fall dessert recipe!
- 2 1/2 cups oats, ground into oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, chilled
- 2–3 tbsp chilled water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch or cornstarch, see note
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pumpkin Pie Bar Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, process the oats and baking soda until the oats are a rustic flour.
- Add in the chilled coconut oil, chilled water (starting with 2 tbsp), and maple syrup, and pulse until it’s a crumbly dough. If the dry flour isn’t sticking together with the wet ingredients, add in a third tablespoon of water.
- Spoon the crumbled dough into the baking pan, and press out with your hands until it reaches the edges of the pan. Poke 4-6 holes into the crust using a fork, and place the crust into the oven to blind bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool while you make the filling. Turn the oven heat down to 350F.
Pumpkin Pie Bar Filling:
- In a food processor, blend together all filling ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and smooth out the filling until it touches the edges of the baking pan.
- Place the pan into the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes, or until most of the pumpkin pie filling has set and the very middle is slightly wiggly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring over to the fridge to chill for 4-6 hours.
- After 4-6 hours, you can slice into 16 bars, and serve! Top with coconut whipped cream, extra maple syrup and pie crust cut-outs. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge, or in the freezer for up to a month.
If you don’t have arrowroot powder or cornstarch: you can also use 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1/3 cup water. Allow the mixture to sit for 5-7 minutes to coagulate before using.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 7.7 g
- Sodium: 8.2 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg