This super indulgent and fudgy edible brownie batter is actually secretly healthier! Naturally vegan, gluten free, lower in sugar, and refined sugar free, this edible brownie batter is ready in just 5 minutes and is the perfect easy no bake dessert!
- 1/3 cup (76 grams)vegan butter
- 1/2 cup (88 grams) vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (70 grams) applesauce
- 1 cup (120 grams) homemade oat flour*
- 1/3 cup (25 grams) cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (55 grams) coconut sugar
- Optional add-ins: 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup sprinkles, 1/4 cup crushed freeze dried strawberries, 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes, 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Please note that if you are using store bought oat flour, you will need to heat treat the flour. If you are making your own homemade oat flour, you don’t need to. Please see recipe notes and blog post above for more information.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the vegan butter until hot in the microwave. You can alternatively melt it via the stove top until hot.
- Pour the melted butter into a large bowl. Add in the chocolate chips, and stir until melted completely. Add in the applesauce, and use a whisk to stir in the applesauce until it becomes a consistent chocolate mixture.
- Add in the oat flour, cocoa powder, and coconut sugar. Whisk again until the dry ingredients completely combine into the wet ingredients into a thick brownie batter. Stir in your optional add-ins.
- Serve into mugs or ramekins and enjoy!
- Storage: store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. To soften, simply heat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, or in the oven at 300F for 2 minutes.
Making your own oat flour: you can weigh out 120 grams of rolled oats (gluten free as needed), and process them into oat flour. Another option if you’re using cups would be to measure out 1 1/4 cups rolled oats. This will yield about 1 cup oat flour when ground.
If you are using store bought oat flour: it’s safest to heat-treat the flour. Store bought oat flour, unlike rolled oats, is not typically heat treated and thus could contain E. Coli. Please see the written blog post above for more information.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 9.1 mg
- Fat: 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.8 g
- Fiber: 5.9 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 20.4 mg
Keywords: edible brownie batter, vegan brownie batter, healthy brownie batter