The easiest healthy flourless vegan chickpea brownies made from only 5 main pantry staple ingredients! Naturally gluten free and nut free, these fudgy flourless brownies are pure decadence!
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drain
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 6×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large food processor, pulse the chickpeas together the with coconut oil until they’re smooth, almost like hummus.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the brownie batter into the baking dish and smooth the batter until it touches the edges.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean. The top will be completely set and the middle won’t jiggle when it’s moved.
- Remove from the oven and let set for 15 minutes- this is important as they are very fudgy and need to set completely.
- Slice and serve. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days or in the fridge for up to 10 or the freezer for up to 2 months.
If you don’t have applesauce, you can swap in 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed mixed with 1/2 cup water. Let the mixture sit for 5-7 minutes to coagulate.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 13.9 g
- Sodium: 54.8 mg
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.1 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan chickpea brownies, chickpea brownies, flourless chickpea brownies, healthy chickpea brownies