Healthy gluten free banana oatmeal pancakes that are easy, sweet, fluffy, and hands down the best breakfast for kids and adults! Made in a blender, these vegan oatmeal pancakes are fun to make, and even more fun to eat!
- 2 cups sprouted oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder* (see note for baby friendly)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda* (see note for baby friendly)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/4 cup pea protein
- In a large food processor, pulse oats until it’s a grainy flour (some chunks of oats should still be visible, but most of it should be a flour).
- Add in the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt (add in optional pea protein if desired here as well), and pulse again to combine.
- Add in mashed banana, dairy free milk, ground flaxseed mixture, and vanilla.
- Blend until the batter is consistent and there are no more banana chunks. Set aside.
- Heat a pancake griddle or large skillet with a little coconut oil and spoon about 1/4 cup of the batter per pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and flip. You’ll see that the sides of the pancake will look set- that’s when you’ll flip. This pancake batter won’t bubble like traditional pancake batter. Cook for another 1 minute and then plate. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Serve with bananas, fresh blueberries, chocolate chips, and maple syrup!
For baby friendly option: cook ground oats with dairy-free milk. Once oatmeal is cooked, allow it to cool for 10 minutes, then add in the banana and flaxseed (if old enough to consume), and blend. Omit the cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda, and baking powder.
Keywords: banana oatmeal pancakes, gluten free banana oatmeal pancakes, vegan oatmeal pancakes, vegan banana pancakes, oatmeal pancakes