These soft and chewy peanut butter cup cookies are the ultimate peanut butter cookie recipe! With an easy eggless and dairy free peanut butter cookie dough and topped with a dairy free peanut butter cup! Easily gluten free as well!
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) all purpose flour, or gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (omit if your peanut butter or vegan butter contains salt)
- 1/2 cup (113 g) unsalted vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 g) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 g) all-natural creamy smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (60 g) dairy free yogurt, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar, for rolling
- 15 dairy-free peanut butter cups
- Prep: Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or two medium baking sheets).
- Make the cookie dough: Creamy together the vegan butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Then add in the peanut butter, dairy free yogurt, and vanilla extract, and mix again until combined. Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt, and use a silicone spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Chill the dough: Cover the bowl and chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes. While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Scoop: Scoop the cookie dough into 1.5 tablespoons of dough using a cookie scoop or spoon. Roll each cookie dough ball between your palms, then roll it into the extra granulated sugar for rolling. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto a large baking sheet (or two medium ones).
- Bake: Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly puffy and just spread.
- Cool: Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before pressing a peanut butter cup into the top.
- Serve and enjoy! Allow the peanut butter cup to set fully on the cookies, about 15 minutes. Then serve and enjoy!
Gluten free: Swap in gluten free 1:1 baking flour, such as King Arthur Measure for Measure flour.
I have not personally tried these cookies with non-vegan swaps, so you may experiment if you’d like but I cannot guarantee anything!
Keywords: peanut butter cup cookies, gluten free peanut butter cup cookies, vegan peanut butter cup cookies