The ultimate chewy and gooey vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that are easy to make, gluten free and nut free!
- ¾ cup oat flour (see Notes)
- 1 cup rolled oats (see Notes)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (see Notes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with ⅓ cup water (see Notes)
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips (see Notes)
Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, and baking soda. Set aside.
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and ground flaxseed mixture until creamy.
Sift in the oat flour, rolled oats, cinnamon and baking soda to the wet mixture, and mix until well combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Use your hands to form dough balls the size of about 2 tablespoons and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Lightly press them down to flatten on the pan.
Place the cookie sheet into the oven to bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to set for 15 minutes. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days or up to a week in the fridge.
- I recommend making your own oat flour. To yield 3/4 cup oat flour, process 1 cup rolled oats at high speed until smooth. A few chunks is okay.
- Use gluten free certified if necessary. This recipe also works great with sprouted oats.
- If you don’t have coconut sugar, you can use whichever granulated sugar you prefer!
- Let the ground flaxseed with water sit for at least 5-7 minutes before using.
- You can use your favorite vegan chocolate chip brand. I recommend Lily’s Sweets, Pascha Chocolate Chip, or Enjoy Life.
Keywords: vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, gluten free vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies