Ultra rich healthier dirt pudding cups that are unbelievably vegan, Paleo, and dairy free make for the best healthy Halloween treat for kids!
Paleo Chocolate Pudding
- 16 ounces coconut cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/8 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup arrowroot powder/cornstarch
Paleo Vegan Oreos:
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
Paleo Vegan Gummy Worms:
- 1/2 cup green juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice or carrot juice
- 1 tsp agar powder
To make the Paleo vegan chocolate pudding:
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut sugar, cacao powder, and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan and heat on medium-high until warm.
- Add in the chocolate chips and continue stirring until melted. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Continue stirring the mixture for about 10 minutes on low heat until the coconut milk begins to thicken.
- Sift in arrowroot power and stir until dissolved.
- Remove the pudding from heat and transfer to a bowl. Let cool for 15 minutes, then cover with tin foil to let sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Prepare 1 batch of the Paleo vegan Oreo cookies, minus the coconut butter. To do this, preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, cacao powder, and baking soda.
- Add in the maple syrup and coconut oil, and combine with a spoon until consistent.
- Spread the cookie dough onto the parchment paper (you don’t need to make cookies out of it, since you’ll be crumbling it!). Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookie to the fridge to chill and harden before you crumble it. Let it sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
To make the vegan gummy worms:
- Heat green juice in a small sauce pan until it begins to bubble.
- Add in 1/2 tsp agar powder and stir for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the juice from heat, and pipe the juice into the worm molds.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for the orange/carrot juice.
- Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before transferring to the fridge to cool for another 10 minutes.
To assemble the healthy dirt pudding cups:
- Layer the chocolate pudding first into 4 jars.
- Crumble the Paleo vegan Oreo’s cookie on top.
- Top with a few gummy worms, and serve!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Oreo dirt pudding, healthy dirt pudding, paleo, vegan, chocolate pudding, homemade gummy worms