This is the easiest healthy chocolate granola recipe that’s oil free, low in sugar, and ready in under 30 minutes! This chocolatey homemade granola recipe makes for a wonderfully healthy breakfast, snack, dessert, or treat!
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup pea protein (optional)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened drippy peanut butter (see nut free option)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegan stevia-sweetened chocolate chips (such as Lily’s Sweets)
- Add-ins: 1/4 cup peanuts (see nut free option)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat cacao powder, pea protein.
- Add in the peanut butter and maple syrup, and stir until all of the dry mixture is completely coated in the peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Pour the granola onto the baking sheet, and save the bowl (you will need this after baking). Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until aromatic.
- Remove from the oven and transfer back to the bowl.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir to combine. The chocolate will melt and form larger clusters of crunchy chocolate granola. Allow the chocolate to fully set (about 10 minutes), and toss in the optional peanuts or seeds.
- Serve with dairy free milk or store in a large airtight container and in the fridge for up to 1 week.
To make peanut-free, you can use any nut butter or coconut butter.
To make nut-free and peanut-free, use sunflower seed butter. You can also use sunflower seeds.
Keywords: chocolate granola recipe, oil free granola, healthy granola recipe, chocolate peanut butter granola, easy granola recipe, homemade granola recipe