This healthy fettuccine Alfredo is a lightened up version of a classic while maintaining that same comfort taste! Completely dairy free and vegan, it’s easy to meal prep and make for a crowd or family!
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce:
- 2 cups roasted cauliflower (in olive oil or another oil and sea salt)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp dairy free cream cheese or 2 tbsp cashew butter + 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms (I recommend oyster mushrooms and shiitake)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 box fettuccine (GF if needed, or swap in zucchini or carrot noodles for Paleo)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place roasted cauliflower in a large food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add in the remaining alfredo sauce ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Set aside the sauce while you cooke the mushrooms.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tsp olive oil on medium heat and sauté the minced garlic until lightly brown.
- Add in rinsed mushrooms to the pan and sauté until completely cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and let sit on or near the stove while you boil the pasta.
- In a large pot, heat directed amount of water according to the pasta you’re using and add in 1 tsp of olive oil to the water.
- Let the water come to a boil, then reduce the heat to cook the pasta according to the directions.
- When the pasta is done, strain the pasta and place it in a large bowl to toss together with the mushrooms and about 1-2 cups of cauliflower alfredo sauce.
- Plate and top with vegan or regular parmesan cheese and extra sea salt if needed.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: healthy fettuccine alfredo, lightened up cauliflower alfredo, vegan, paleo, gluten free, dairy free