Easy homemade healthy granola bars that are protein packed and full of chocolate chips and gooey peanut butter! No added sugar, vegan, and gluten free, they make a great snack for kids and adults alike!
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unflavored pea protein powder
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Make sure that the dates are soaked in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper and an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the oats onto the baking sheet, along with the peanuts, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Toss the oats and peanuts together, and place the baking sheet into the oven to toast for 7-10 minutes, or until aromatic.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large food processor, blend the dates until smooth.
- Add in the peanut butter, pea protein, and vanilla, and puree until smooth.
- Once the oats are cooled, place them in a large bowl, and add in the dates and peanut butter mixture.
- Use a rubber spatula or your hands to fold the oats into the date peanut butter mixture.
- Once the granola bar batter is cool, add in the chocolate chips and mix until well combined (this ensures the chocolate chips don’t melt).
- Press the granola bar batter into the 8×8 parchment lined pan and place into the freezer to freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and slice into 16-20 bars.
- Store in the fridge for 7 days, and the freezer up to a month.
- Serving Size: 1 granola bar
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 96 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy granola bars, homemade granola bars, vegan granola bars, health homemade granola bars, no bake granola bars