The ultimate healthy hot chocolate recipe that’s rich with flavor, thick like drinking chocolate, and naturally dairy free, vegan, Paleo, and an option for Keto!
- 2 cups coconut or almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 ounce 100% dark chocolate or stevia sweetened chocolate
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 scoop chocolate pea protein
- Heat the coconut or almond milk in a saucepan or microwave until hot but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted.
- Pour chocolate milk mixture into a blender (it shouldn’t be too hot at this point), and add in cacao powder, vanilla, and optional pea protein.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two mugs and serve with vegan marshmallows, coconut whipped cream, or extra cacao powder!
- Category: Drinks
Keywords: hot chocolate, vegan hot chocolate, healthy hot chocolate, Paleo hot chocolate, keto hot chocolate