The ultimate healthy hot chocolate recipe that’s rich with flavor, thick like drinking chocolate, and naturally dairy free, vegan, Paleo, and an option for Keto!
- 2 cups (480 mL) dairy-free milk, such as soy milk, oat milk, almond milk, etc.
- 3.5 ounces high quality vegan chocolate
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: Additional sweetener if needed
- Heat the dairy-free milk in a saucepan or microwave until hot but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted.
- Pour chocolate milk mixture into a blender (it shouldn’t be too hot at this point), and add in cacao powder, vanilla, and optional sweetener (you can always add in more if you’d like to after testing it).
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two mugs and serve with vegan marshmallows, coconut whipped cream, or extra cocoa powder!
Please see blog post for full details!
- Serving Size: 1 cup, no protein powder
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 187.2 mg
- Fat: 13.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.4 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan hot chocolate, hot chocolate recipe, healthy hot chocolate