These secretly healthy no bake brownies are super fudgy, incredibly easy, just 5 ingredients, and only 5 minutes! Entirely nut free, gluten free, vegan, and fruit sweetened, these vegan raw brownies are the perfect healthy no bake treat!
- 7 pitted medjool dates (200 grams), soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1 cup (90 grams) rolled oats
- 425 grams chickpeas (15 ounce can)
- 1/2 cup (108 grams) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) cacao powder
- Optional: vegan chocolate ganache
- Prepare an 8×8 dish by greasing it with oil and lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large food processor, pulse the oats until they become a fine flour. Then add in the remaining ingredients (except for the chocolate ganache if you’re doing that layer) and blend until smooth. It should take about 3 minutes. Be patient as it smooths, it takes a bit of work for the food processor.
- Press the dough into the baking dish and chill the brownies in the freezer for 1 hour.
- If you’d like to make the chocolate ganache layer: once the brownies have frozen, prepare the chocolate ganache according to the recipe card instructions. Then pour the ganache on top of the frozen brownies. Gently spread the ganache to touch the edges of the pan. Place the brownies back into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes while the ganache sets.
- Remove the brownies from the fridge and allow the brownies to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Carefully slice the brownies into 16 squares and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the freezer for up to 3 months in an airtight container or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Chickpeas: you can also use an equal amount of white or black beans!
Oat flour: I have not tested this recipe with any other flours other than oat flour.
Please read the blog post for all tips and tricks!
Keywords: no bake brownies, healthy brownies, healthy vegan brownies, vegan no bake brownies, raw brownies