Undetectably healthy peanut butter banana muffins that are oil free and packed with vegan protein! Completely vegan, dairy free, and low in sugar, these peanut butter muffins make the best healthy breakfast, snack, or treat for both kids and adults!
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pea protein powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 large bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1/2 cup water (see Note)
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk, such as coconut milk, almond milk, or oat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line two muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, pea protein, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana (if you haven’t already). Add in the peanut butter, flaxseed mixture, dairy free milk, and vanilla extract. Stir until completely mixed.
- Add in the dry mixture and fold together until there are no more dry clumps.
- Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and fold into the batter.
- Use a large cookie scoop, ice cream scoop, or spoon to fill each muffin liner about 3/4 of the way full.
- Place the baking sheets into the oven and bake the muffins for 25-27 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Then transfer the muffins to a plate to serve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or up to a month in the freezer.
To make a flaxseed egg: combine the ground flaxseed with water and let sit for 5-7 minutes to coagulate.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 30.1 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: peanut butter banana muffins, healthy peanut butter banana muffins, vegan peanut butter banana muffins, banana and peanut butter muffins, peanut butter chocolate chip muffins