This healthy spring pea and asparagus pasta is bursting with seasonal flavor and is perfect for an easy week night dinner! Kid approved as well!
- 1/2 box organic angel hair pasta, use gluten free if needed
- 1 tbsp organic olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: grated parmesan to top
- In a medium sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add in minced garlic and sauté on medium/low heat until slightly translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Bring heat to medium, and add in peas and asparagus. Cook until asparagus tips are wilted and skin is soft.
- Add in chives, pine nuts, sea salt, and pepper, reduce heat to medium/low, and cook until aromatic.
- Remove pan from heat and cover to stay warm while cooking pasta.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add pasta to the pot.
- Follow pasta directions on box, add in a little sea salt and olive oil to keep pasta from sticking.
- Strain pasta in a colander and add pasta back to pot.
- Add in peas and asparagus to pot and toss until well combined.
- Divide into 4 bowls and top with parmesan and extra sea salt and pepper if desired.
Keywords: pasta, spring, peas, asparagus, how to cook asparagus, pasta with peas and asparagus, Italian