These bakery-style vegan blueberry muffins have the height, flavor, and texture of the classic blueberry muffin- but secretly made entirely eggless, dairy free, and easily gluten free! Super easy, just one bowl, and perfect for a vegan breakfast and dessert!
- 3 cups (375 g) all purpose flour, oat flour, or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup (200 g) organic granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vegan butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/4 cup (61 g) dairy free yogurt or vegan sour cream, room temperature
- 6 tbsp chickpea flour mixed with 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) unsweetened dairy free milk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (290 g for fresh) fresh or frozen blueberries
Muffin Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup (67 g) all purpose flour, oat flour, or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1/2 cup (100 g) organic granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, room temperature
- Prep: Measure out all ingredients, and line a 12-tin muffin pan with cupcake liners or a 6 extra large cup muffin tin with muffin liners. Mix together the chickpea flour and water in a bowl, and set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon
- Make the muffins batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, vegan butter, dairy free yogurt, vanilla extract, and chickpea “eggs.” Add in the flour and dairy free milk, and whisk again just before the flour is completely mixed in, tapping the whisk against the bowl if there are any clumps of batter stuck. Add in the blueberries, and use a silicone spatula to fold the blueberries into the batter just until incorporated.
- Rest the blueberry muffin batter: Cover the bowl and place the blueberry muffin batter into the fridge to rest for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight.
- When ready to bake the muffins: Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Make the crumble if desired: prepare the crumble by mixing together the flour, sugar, and vegan butter with a fork or your hands.
- Fill the muffin cups: Fill each muffin cup to the very top of the muffin liners. Top with 2 tsp of crumble.
- Bake the muffins: Place the muffin tin into the oven and bake for 12 minutes at 400F. Then reduce the oven temperature WITHOUT opening the oven to 350F. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy! Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before moving the muffins to a cooling rack to completely cool. Store in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge, or 3 months in the freezer.
Flour: For oat flour, you can use either homemade oat flour or store bought. Additionally for the oat flour, please follow the weighted measurements for the flour rather than the cup measurements.
Vegan Chickpea “Eggs:” if you don’t have chickpea flour, you can use ground flaxseed at the same ratio.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin,
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 21.7 g
- Sodium: 23.2 mg
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.1 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 21.7 mg
Keywords: vegan blueberry muffins, healthy vegan blueberry muffins, vegan gluten free blueberry muffins, oatmeal blueberry muffins, flourless blueberry muffins