These amazing vegan zucchini muffins are incredibly moist, tender, and sweet while being secretly healthy, low fat, and low in sugar! Completely eggless, dairy free, and gluten free, these zucchini muffins will quickly become your favorite way to use up zucchini!
- 1.5 cups (225 grams) grated zucchini*
- 1 3/4 cup (219 grams) all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour*
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) dairy free milk, room temperature
- 2 tbsp (15 grams) ground flaxseed mixed with 40 g water
- 1/3 cup (85 grams) dairy free yogurt, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (85 grams) unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (95 grams) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Make sure to prepare and weigh all ingredients before beginning. This includes grating the zucchini and patting it dry (weigh a second time after patting dry to make sure the zucchini weighs about 140 grams without water). Make sure to also prepare the ground flaxseed with the water in a separate small bowl and set aside to sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with 10 liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to combine the dairy free milk, coconut sugar, applesauce, dairy free yogurt, flaxseed mixture, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the dry mixture, and use a rubber spatula to fold together until there are almost no more dry streaks. Then add in the zucchini and the chocolate chips, and continue to fold together until just mixed.
- Spoon the batter into each muffin tin, filling them to the top.
- Bake the muffins for 24-27 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven, and allow the muffins to cool in their tin for 10-15 minutes. This helps the liner pull off easily.
- Serve and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an air tight container for up to 3 days at room temperature, 5 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
Zucchini: when patted down should weigh 140 grams
Keywords: vegan zucchini muffins, healthy zucchini muffins, low fat zucchini muffins, zucchini bread muffins, chocolate chip zucchini muffins