The easiest low sugar oil free banana bread granola made from only 6 ingredients that are gluten free, vegan, and can be nut free!
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or SunButter or coconut butter if nut free)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana until it’s a puree.
- Add in the peanut butter, vanilla extract, and sea salt, and mix together until well combined.
- Add in the oats and mix the granola until all of the oats are coated in the wet ingredients. Do not add in the chocolate chunks just yet (we need to bake the granola first).
- Spread the granola evenly onto the baking sheet and place into the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes (until aromatic and slightly crispy).
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before adding in the chocolate chips. Once the granola is cool, add in the chocolate chips and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or room temperature for up to a week.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana bread granola, oil free granola, homemade granola recipe