Forget store bought- this homemade cinnamon toast crunch cereal is entirely vegan, gluten free, nut free, and SO easy to make! Crispy and sweet, just like the classic, with only 6 healthy ingredients!
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened (but not melted)
- 1 ground flaxseed “egg”*
- 3–4 tbsp water
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut or granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, arrowroot starch, coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Add in the coconut oil into the dry mixture, and use a fork or pastry cutter to cut the coconut oil into the flour mixture. Then add in the flaxseed “egg” and mix together. Not all of the dry mixture will be incorporated.
- Start by adding in 3 tbsp of water and mixing the dough until there are no more dry streaks. If after a few mixes, there is still flour that needs to be incorporated into the dough, you can add in the fourth tablespoon and mix.
- Form the dough into a flat disk, and wrap in parchment paper or plastic wrap, and store in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, and lightly flour a clean piece of parchment paper. Place the dough disk onto the parchment paper, and flour both the top of the disk as well as a rolling pin. Roll the dough out to be a large rectangle (about 1/8″ thick).
- Whisk together the cinnamon and coconut sugar for the cinnamon sugar coating. Brush the melted coconut oil onto the dough disk, and lightly sprinkle the dough with the cinnamon sugar coating, gently pressing the sugar into the dough as needed.
- Use a pizza cutter or large kitchen knife and cut the dough into tiny squares. Each square should be about 1/2″ by 1/2″. Carefully place the parchment paper with the dough onto a baking sheet and place the baking sheet into the freezer or fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, line another baking sheet with parchment paper. Carefully separate about half of the squares using a spatula to transfer one half to the other baking sheet. Make sure the squares are spaced apart (the dough shouldn’t spread in the oven, but just to be safe!). Place both baking sheets into the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the squares are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cinnamon toast crunch to cool for 10 minutes. Then enjoy with oat milk or store in an airtight container or jar. Keep the cinnamon toast crunch stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
1 Ground Flaxseed “Egg:” 1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 2-3 tbsp water and let sit for 5-7 minutes before using in the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 7.6 g
- Sodium: 7.4 mg
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.4 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: homemade cinnamon toast crunch, vegan cereal recipe, vegan cinnamon toast crunch