Learn how to cook spaghetti squash the best way! A delicious winter veggie that can be a healthy side or sub in for noodles to pair with any sauce! Whole30 friendly, gluten free, vegan, and low carb!
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chopped onion
- Optional: parmesan cheese, vegan cheese, bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Poke several wholes into the spaghetti squash using a fork.
- Place the spaghetti squash onto the baking sheet and into the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the skin is very soft.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing into the spaghetti squash.
- Slice in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Use a fork to scrap the strands away from the skin.
- You can either serve the spaghetti squash in the boats or scrape the strands out and serve with the sauce. You can also store the spaghetti squash in an airtight container for meal prep and serve throughout the week.
To make the sauce:
- In a small sauce pan, heat the olive oil with the garlic and onion. Sauté until fragrant and translucent. Add the marinara sauce and sea salt, and stir together. When fully heated, serve over the spaghetti squash and top with optional toppings.
Keywords: how to cook spaghetti squash, spaghetti squash, whole30, gluten free, paleo, vegan, dairy free, grain free