This easy vegan coconut whipped cream takes 5 minutes to make and can easily be made Paleo friendly, Keto friendly, and Whole30 friendly! The perfect dairy free whipped topping!
- 1 15-ounce can coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped cream stabilizer, such as Whip It!
- 1 cup powdered sugar or
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or
- 1/4 cup keto-friendly sweetener
- Chill your coconut cream can for at least 2-3 hours (or overnight if your fridge isn’t too cold) in the fridge, and a medium bowl in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to make the coconut whipped cream, scoop the coconut cream fat into the bowl, making sure that the water stays in the can. Reserve the water on the side as needed and/or to use in a smoothie.
- Use a hand mixer and cream the coconut cream fat in the bowl for 2-3 minutes, until whipped.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract (and the whipped cream stabilizer if using), and use the hand mixer to cream the whipped cream again, for at least 5 minutes. The coconut cream should be fluffy and light. If the texture isn’t soft, you can add in 1 tablespoon of coconut water to help.
- Use the coconut whipped cream as a topping or frosting. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or the freezer for up to two months.
Paleo Version: Instead of powdered sugar, swap in maple syrup or a granulated maple sugar (please note, the coconut whipped cream will be more amber in color). You can also omit the sweetener all together.
Keto Version: swap in a keto-friendly sweetener or omit all together.
Whole30 Version: omit the sweetener all together.
Keywords: vegan whipped cream, coconut whipped cream, coconut cream whipped cream, vegan coconut whipped cream recipe