How to make oat milk in under 3 minutes for a creamy and smooth dairy free milk! This oat milk is NOT slimy and is a perfect dairy free nut free milk option!
- 1 cup rolled oats, sprouted or regular (make sure they’re GF certified if needed)
- 6 cups chilled filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 date, 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large blender, add all ingredients to the base.
- Blend on high for only 30-40 seconds. Any longer than that will result in slimy oat milk.
- Set the blender aside, and drape a cheesecloth or nut bag over a large bowl.
- Pour the oat milk over the cheesecloth to separate the oats from the water. Do not squeeze the water out of the cheesecloth or nut bag, as this will also result in slimy oat milk. Let the water drip, then when it’s basically all out, discard or save the oats for another recipe.
- Pour the oat milk back into the blender, as we’ll strain the oat milk one more time. Repeat Step 4 once more.
- Pour the oat milk into a glass jar or container that can be sealed and stored in the fridge.
- This oat milk will be good for about 5 days in the fridge. You’ll know when it’s gone bad when it smells different from the first day you’ve made it.
Please read the blog post for all tips & tricks!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 39
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 9.6 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.9 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: oat milk, how to make oat milk, how to make non slimy oat milk