Unbelievably chewy, soft , and sweet vegan oatmeal cookies are iced with a simple glaze and taste just like the classic old fashioned cookie! So easy to make, and you can even make them gluten free too!
Vegan Oatmeal Cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) all-purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour*
- 1 cup (90 g) rolled oats, gluten free certified if needed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (110 g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (87 g) unsweetened applesauce or unsweetened dairy free yogurt, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2–3 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, cinnamon, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the the vegan butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients, and use a rubber spatula to fold the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Cover the bowl and chill for 20-30 minutes. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Once the oven is preheated, use a medium cookie scoop to scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough into a ball. Lightly roll the ball between your palms to round the edges, and place the cookie dough ball onto the baking sheet. Repeat for the remaining dough, placing the cookies about 3″ apart. You should get about 10-14 cookies.
- Place the cookies into the oven and bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned and crisp looking.
- Remove from the oven and rest the cookies on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a cookie cooling rack to cool completely before icing.
- When ready to icing, mix together the powdered sugar and dairy free milk until the mixture is smooth and drippy. Dip one cookie into the icing and pull up. Twirl the cookie to help the icing stop dripping and place onto a cookie cooling rack. Repeat for the remaining cookies.
- Once dry, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Gluten free: If you’re using gluten-free 1:1 baking flour, use the cup measurements for the flour rather than the weight. If you’re using oat flour, use the gram measurements rather than the cups.
Keywords: vegan oatmeal cookies, iced oatmeal cookies, easy oatmeal cookies, healthy vegan oatmeal cookies