These chewy and soft vegan oatmeal cookies are iced with a simple glaze and taste IDENTICAL to the classic old fashioned cookie while being completely gluten free, dairy free, and eggless!
- 1 cup all-purpose or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, gluten free certified
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2–3 tbsp dairy free milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, cinnamon, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream together the vegan butter, coconut sugar, granulated sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients, and use a rubber spatula to fold the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Cover the bowl and chill for 20 minutes. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Once the oven is preheated, use a medium cookie scoop to scoop about 1.5 tbsp of dough into a ball. Lightly roll the ball between your palms to round the edges, and place the cookie dough ball onto the baking sheet. Repeat for the remaining dough, placing the cookies about 3″ apart. You should get about 16-18 cookies.
- Place the cookies into the oven and bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before icing.
- When ready to icing, mix together the powdered sugar and dairy free milk until the mixture is smooth and drippy. Dip one cookie into the icing and pull up. Twirl the cookie to help the icing stop dripping and place onto a cookie cooling rack. Repeat for the remaining cookies.
- Once dry, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Keywords: vegan oatmeal cookies, iced oatmeal cookies, easy oatmeal cookies, healthy vegan oatmeal cookies