This is the BEST Instant Pot vegan chili recipe I’ve ever made! Full of robust and hearty flavor, this vegan chili is a crowd pleaser for all eaters, and protein packed!
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup marinara or tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 15 ounce can white beans
- 1 cup diced onion (about 2 large onions)
- 1 cup diced celery stalk (about 2–3 medium stalks)
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- 2 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or more depending on heat preference)
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Optional: 1/4 cup unflavored pea protein, 2 tbsp red wine
- You can either sauté the carrots, celery, and onions in the Instant Pot or on the stove top. Whichever method you use, simply heat the olive oil until hot, then sauté the carrots, celery, and onions until the onions are translucent. Then transfer the veggies to the Instant Pot, if you didn’t use the Instant Pot to sauté (Note: the sauté option isn’t available on every Instant Pot.).
- Once the veggies are in the Instant Pot, add in the remaining ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until everything is evenly distributed.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid on top and turn on the Instant Pot. Set the settings to chili or to custom and the cook time to 20 minutes. Press start and cook the chili.
- Once cooked, allow the chili to “stay warm” for 10 minutes to naturally release some pressure. Then make sure the pressure is fully released by releasing the pressure valve completely. Carefully remove the lid and serve!
- Pea protein: I recommend using a neutral/unflavored pea protein here, such as Terrasoul, for more plant-based protein if desired.
- Instant Pot: I recommend the Instant Pot Duo Evo 6. However, an Instant Pot will work.
- No Instant Pot? Here is how to adjust:
- Slow cooker: Follow step 1. Then add all ingredients to your slow cooker. Stir the chili with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Then place the lid on the slow cooker and cook the chili for at least 5 hours. Serve as desired.
- Stove top: Follow step 1.Then add all ingredients to a large pot. Stir the chili with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Then place the lid on the pot and cook the chili for at least 5 hours on low. Serve as desired.
Keywords: instant pot vegan chili, vegan chili recipe, vegetarian chili recipe, best vegan chili recipe, best vegetarian chili recipe