This is the BEST vegan chili recipe you’ll ever make! It’s so simply, full of robust and hearty flavor, naturally healthy, protein packed, and so cozy for those fall and winter dinners! Make it in an instant pot, slow cooker, or stovetop for a healthy chili recipe that all eaters love!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion (about 2 large onions)
- 1 cup diced celery stalk (about 2–3 medium stalks)
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- 2 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or more depending on heat preference)
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup marinara or tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 15 ounce can white beans
- Sea salt to taste
- Optional: 1/4 cup unflavored pea protein, 2 tbsp red wine
- Measure out all ingredients before beginning. Make sure that the onions, celery, and carrots are chopped and prepared. You can either use an Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or stovetop.
- Sauté: if using an Instant Pot, set the settings to “sauté” and heat the olive oil on medium. Add in the carrots, celery, and onions until the onions, along with the chili powder, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne, and sauté until translucent. Then turn the “sauté” mode off. If you’re not using an Instant Pot, transfer the veggies to the slow cooker or large soup pot (Note: the sauté option isn’t available on every Instant Pot.).
- Cook the chili: Once the veggies are in the Instant Pot, add in the remaining ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until everything is evenly distributed. Secure the Instant Pot lid on top and turn on the Instant Pot. Set the settings to “Slow Cooker” and cook the chili for 4 hours.
- Serve: Once cooked, allow the chili to “stay warm” for 10 minutes to naturally release some pressure. Then make sure the pressure is fully released by releasing the pressure valve completely. Carefully remove the lid and serve!
- Instant Pot: I recommend the Instant Pot Duo Evo 6. However, an Instant Pot will work.
- No Instant Pot? Here is how to adjust:
- Slow cooker: Follow step 1. Then add all ingredients to your slow cooker. Stir the chili with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Then place the lid on the slow cooker and cook the chili for at least 5 hours. Serve as desired.
- Stove top: Follow step 1.Then add all ingredients to a large pot. Stir the chili with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Then place the lid on the pot and cook the chili for at least 5 hours on low. Serve as desired.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 728.9 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.5 g
- Fiber: 9.1 g
- Protein: 12.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: instant pot vegan chili, vegan chili recipe, vegetarian chili recipe, best vegan chili recipe, best vegetarian chili recipe