These easy 5 ingredient no bake healthy peanut butter bars taste just like a Reese’s peanut butter cup, only are secretly vegan, gluten free, and ready in 30 minutes!
- 1 cup + 4 tbsps creamy unsalted peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup oat flour
- 10 dates, soaked and pureed*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 ounces vegan dairy free chocolate (sugar free if desired)
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup creamy peanut butter with the oat flour, pureed dates, and vanilla extract. You should achieve a thick dough.
- Press the dough into the pan and place the pan into the freezer to set while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the vegan chocolate, either via stove top or microwave. Add in 2 tbsp of creamy peanut butter and stir until dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the melted chocolate onto the peanut butter dough. Spread the chocolate to reach the edges of the pan.
- Place the pan back into the freezer to chill for 20 minutes or until set. When ready to slice, use a large kitchen knife and slice into 16 bars.
- Store any leftovers in the freezer.
Pureed dates: very similar to a date paste, you can soak the dates in 1 cup warm water for 20 minutes. Once soft, place the dates into a food processor, along with 5 tbsp of the date water. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, you can use 1/2 cup maple syrup or 1/2 cup sugar free syrup.
Keywords: no bake peanut butter bars, healthy peanut butter bars, vegan peanut butter bars, no bake peanut butter oat bars