Incredibly easy chewy Paleo ginger molasses cookies that are every bit as sweet and delicious as the traditional version! Dairy free and vegan, these molasses cookies are perfect for the holidays!
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed with 6 tbsp water or 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or vegan butter, softened
- 1/3 cup regular molasses
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp baking soda
- Optional: 1/2 cup cane sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the baking soda and apple cider vinegar together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the coconut oil and maple sugar together using a hand mixer.
- Add in the molasses and applesauce, and continue to beat until smooth.
- Add in the apple cider vinegar/baking soda combo and ginger, and beat again.
- Next, fold in flaxseed eggs until well combined.
- Then sift in cassava flour and coconut flour until it’s a sticky batter.
- Chill the dough for 10 minutes, then scoop 1” inch globs/balls I use a cookie scoop, but about 1 tbsp of batter) onto the cookie sheet and space out about 1-2 inches apart. If you want to roll yours in some cane sugar, do so now!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let cool.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
Keywords: ginger molasses cookies, vegan ginger molasses cookies, Paleo ginger molasses cookies