Creamy and sweet 3 ingredient Paleo vanilla ice cream that’s completely vegan, no sugar added, and no ice cream maker required! Fun for kids to make and perfect for a healthy treat!
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato (14 ounces), baked and cooled, skin removed
- 1 16-oz can full fat coconut milk or cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla bean seeds, 1 bar 100% dark chocolate
- Place baked sweet potato into a large food processor and blend until pureed.
- Add in coconut milk, vanilla extract, and optional ingredients if needed. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a 9″ baking loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours before serving.
- Scoop and serve with favorite toppings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezing
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup (with optional topping of chocolate, not including maple syrup)
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 3
Keywords: ice cream, paleo, vegan, dessert, no churn, no sugar added, vanilla bean ice cream