The BEST blueberry cobbler that you wouldn’t believe is both Paleo and vegan! Sweetened with just a touch of maple syrup and nut free, this blueberry cobbler uses only 8 ingredients and will be everyone’s favorite dessert and baked good!
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil or vegan butter, softened & divided
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Slice 1/4 cup coconut oil or vegan butter into cubes and sprinkle onto a 7×11″ baking dish.
- Place the dish into the oven for 5-7 minutes to melt the vegan butter/oil.
- Once the butter/oil is completely melted, remove the dish from the oven and add the blueberries into the dish.
- Sprinkle the arrowroot powder over the blueberries and toss the blueberries in the dish to be coated with butter/oil and arrowroot powder.
- Set the dish aside.
- To prepare the cobbler, whisk the cassava flour, baking powder, and sea salt together.
- Add in the last 1/2 cup of coconut oil/vegan butter, cubed, and cut the butter into the flour. Add in the remaining cobbler ingredients (maple syrup, coconut milk, and vanilla extract) and mix until it’s a stick dough.
- Drop 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup uneven dough balls on top of the blueberries to resemble a cobble road.
- Place the the dish back into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with coconut milk ice cream!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 8.9 g
- Sodium: 71.1 mg
- Fat: 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.1 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan blueberry cobbler, paleo blueberry cobbler, paleo vegan blueberry cobbler, healthy blueberry cobbler