Forget the store bought Cadbury Creme eggs, and make this super easy and delicious vegan Cadbury Creme Eggs Recipe! With a lush and creamy dairy free vegan filling, these chocolate eggs are perfect for a vegan Easter dessert!
- 3 cups (500 g) vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vegan butter, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups (155 g) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder or vegan yellow food coloring
- Silicone egg mold
- Melt the chocolate: Melt the chocolate in either the microwave in intervals or via stove top.
- Fill the eggs: Pour the chocolate into your egg fillings. You should yield about 10 eggs. You can make only one mold, though, and fill just 8 eggs. Place the mold onto a plate and into the freezer for just 5 minutes so that you can easily scoop out the filling of the egg. Remove from the freezer and scoop the middle filling out of the egg to create a cavity for the filling (see post). Save the scooped out eggs for the chocolate coating on top.
- Make the cream filling: In a bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the vegan butter and coconut condensed milk or maple syrup. Then add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix again. Divide the mixture by separating about 1/4 of the cream mixture into a smaller bowl.
- Color the “yolk” paste: Add in the turmeric powder to the smaller bowl, and mix it until it’s completely combined.
- Pipe: Fill two piping bags: one with the white paste, and the other with the yellow paste. Pipe the white paste into the egg shells only to half way into the egg. Then switch to the “yolk” paste, and pipe a small circle into the middle of the egg. Then pipe the remaining white paste on top and in the crevices to cover the yolk entirely.
- Top: Melt the remaining chocolate, and pour on top of the eggs then set them in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Serve: Remove the eggs from the silicone mold and serve! These eggs are best served at room temperature, but keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. Then allow them to sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours before enjoying.
See the post for all recipe tips and tricks, including sugar free, low sugar, and nut-free options!
- Serving Size: 1 egg
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 15.2 g
- Sodium: 13.4 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.3 g
- Fiber: 7.7 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan cadbury eggs, vegan cadbury creme eggs, paleo cadbury creme eggs, cadbury creme eggs recipe