A classic Tuscan bread salad with a twist: Peach and Tomato Panzanella salad is fresh, bursting with vibrant flavor, and the perfect healthy side!
- 4 ripe peaches
- 1/3 + 1 tbsp cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped mini heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup asparagus, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 loaf crusty bread, cubed
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
- First, make sure that your bread, tomatoes, peaches, asparagus, and herbs are chopped and cubed per the ingredient requirements above.
- Lightly steam your chopped asparagus in a sauté pan with a little water, until the asparagus begins to soften.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Next, place bread and tomatoes into a large bowl and drizzle with 1/3 cup olive oil. Toss until evenly coated.
- Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp olive oil, and sauté the diced shallots.
- Add in the bread and tomatoes to the pan and sauté until the tomatoes are throughly cooked.
- Pour bread and tomato mixture into a large serving dish.
- Toss in asparagus and peaches.
- Garnish with chopped basil and parsley, a little sea salt and pepper, and finish with lemon juice over the entire salad.
- Toss and serve cold!
Keywords: Panzanella salad, side salad, vegan, gluten free, healthy, bread salad, peaches, asparagus