The best chewy peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that are made with simple vegan and gluten free ingredients for the ultimate healthy oatmeal cookies!
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup cassava flour, or 1-to-1 gluten free baking flour or regular flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or maple syrup, which you can mix into the applesauce)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, cassava flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add in the ground flaxseed mixture, applesauce, vanilla, and peanut butter to the oats mixture until it’s a thick batter.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 1-2 tbsp of dough onto the parchment paper (or you can use a cookie scoop), and repeat until all the batter is done.
- Lightly press the back of a spoon into each dough ball to flatten into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 95
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4